A loss but it was nice to see D-Hall keep his cool at the end. The good, bad, and more.
1. RG3. It wasn't his fault his receivers dropped 10 balls. He missed one deep shot to Paulson but was mostly accurate. I'd like to see him use his legs more than he did today especially on 3rd-downs when it's necessary.
2. Logan Paulson. He didn't drop anything.
1. Defense. Awful across the board in this one. Obviously they can't cover and don't generate much pass pressure but they couldn't stop the run today either. The list of those culpable is long...the list of anyone who played or coached well doesn't exist. Pittsburgh scored on 5 of their first 6 drives and coasted the rest of the way.
2. 10 Dropped Passes. Drive killers most of them though the first two drops (Hankerson and Briscoe) didn't cost them a touchdown.
3. Not enough zone-read and other option looks. The first drive of the game was similar to the first two drives of the Minnesota game and much of the Atlanta game. Not enough option looks. Three under-center snaps to RG3 with no option possibility on the first drive or any drive usually equals punt. They should know by now that they move the ball much better as an offense when they run out of option-look formations.
4. Lack of 4th Qtr Urgency. Why didn't they get into their hurry-up offense down two scores in the 4th Qtr? Makes no sense. They should've gotten into it down 27-9 at the start of the 4th qtr. Sometimes Shanahan's clock management defies logic.
4. D-Hall's Lack of Composure. I've always liked his competitive feistiness even though he's not a very good corner but with that said, going after an official like he did should cost him big money if not a suspension. He was frustrated and clearly incapable of keeping his cool.
5. Rocca. One of the worst days of his career as a Redskin.
1. I didn't like the razzle-dazzle third-down Morgan pass to RG3. I'd rather they run option if they are going to expose RG3 to a hit.
2. The blocked PAT appeared to be a low kick by Forbath.
3. Forbath is now 6-6 on FGs...5 of them from 43 or longer.
4. Shanahan on missing Fred Davis--"of course we missed him...anybody tells you they don't miss a pro bowlplayer isn't being honest".
5. I didn't like the knee at the end of the game. Giving up sucks. I know the odds of scoring twice in 26 seconds is 10 million to 1 but there's no chance if you take a knee.